Most of us know Tina through her paleomazing.com website and multi-award-winning paleo living cookbooks. Throughout the year, Tina is going to share some of her seasonal favorites.
For her first recipe, Tina chose Pumpkin Recipe Medley. A hearty recipe that will add some color – and lots of flavor – to our winter table.
Omazing! I love the various ways we can work with the colors of seasonal squashes. I use a variety of simple items and the flavor is just popping. This is so easy and flavorful!
Pumpkin Recipe Medley
- 1 small pumpkin, cleaned and sliced into wedges (see photo)
- 1 small red pepper, cleaned and sliced lengthwise
- 5 garlic cloves, left whole or as desired
- ¼ cup Pure Indian Foods Cultured Ghee*
- ⅛ teas pure Turmeric or ½-1 teas Curcumin (as desired)
- 1 teas sea salt (or more to taste)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
Directions for Pumpkin Recipe Medley:
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Combine pumpkin, red pepper, garlic, Ghee, Turmeric (or Curcumin) and sea salt. Cover with foil.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Toss ingredients well, then lower the temperature to 325F degrees and bake for another 15-20 minutes uncovered.
- Add pepitas and sundried tomatoes during the last 5 minutes and salt more,as desired.
- Garnish with rosemary.
Print the Pumpkin Recipe Medley (link to Paleomazing.com printable recipe)
This post was originally posted on the now-defunct Mom’s Choice Matters blog on 1/26/2015.
Tina is a paleo-passionate foodie who loves hanging out with family and good friends. For her, sleep is boring and she lives for her time in the kitchen.
In a nutshell, I’m a cookbook-collecting, recipe-developing junkie, and I live in the kitchen. I love food and have a blast plating my creations and then testing my photograph skills, which is an ongoing learning experience in itself. I’m hooked on farmers’ markets, traveling, eating healthy and hiking until my legs scream at me. I love to help others through my helpful information posts and my eBooks. I care about others, have fun, and sleeping is just plain boring.
Tina is a mom of three who enjoys helping others customize the paleo diet for their personal needs and for those who need or want it. It’s easy to keep up with Tina via her websites and on social, too.