Welcome back to the Cooking with Mom’s Choice kitchen. Author Gale Leach is here with a Honey Almond Pudding recipe, a delightful and unique treat!
This is the second recipe from Agatha Moss, the chief character from her book Bruce and the Road to Honesty.
Honey Almond Pudding
- 3 cups milk
- ½ cup rice flour
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split in half
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 lime, juice of
- ½ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom seed
- 2 teaspoons orange blossom water
Directions for Honey Almond Pudding:
- For the syrup: Combine all the ingredients except the orange >> blossom water in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside and allow >> to cool.
- Whisk the milk with the rice flour, almond meal and sugar until >> combined and pour into a heavy-based pot. Add vanilla bean. >>
- Gently heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until the mixture boils >> and thickens.
- Reduce the heat and continue to cook, stirring for a couple of >> minutes. The mixture should be thick but of a pouring consistency – add >> more milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Remove and discard the vanilla bean. Stir in the yogurt, lime >> juice, and orange blossom water.
- Pour the mixture into little serving bowls and refrigerate until >> chilled.
- Just before serving, pour the syrup over.
This post was originally posted on the now-defunct Mom’s Choice Matters blog on 4/16/2015.
Gale had a number of different careers—including teacher, gift shop buyer, craft wholesaler, and American Sign Language interpreter—before she started her own business doing technical writing and editing for biotechnology companies.
After moving to Arizona, Gale fell in love with pickleball — a wonderful sport with a silly name. She wrote her first book, The Art of Pickleball, in 2005, and it went on to win the Arizona Book Award in its class. This book is now being released in its fourth edition.
In 2011, Gale finished her first novel, Bruce and the Road to Courage, a heroic fantasy for children. The second book in the series, Bruce and the Road to Honesty, was published in May 2012. Completing the trilogy, Bruce and the Road to Justice was published in September 2012. Check out her most recent book, Bruce and the Mystery in the Marsh.
All four books won Silver Awards from Mom’s Choice.
Gale lives in Arizona with her husband, two dogs, and three cats.