Blogger | Teacher
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, trying to find the perfect way to thank the amazing women in your life can feel like a daunting task. While gifts are a great choice, warm, tasty pastries are the most delicious way to say thank you. And for my mom, blueberry muffins are her favorite Mother’s Day treat!
Blueberry Muffins Ingredients
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of blueberries
Crumble Topping Ingredients
- ¼ cup softened butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Blueberry Muffins Cooking Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a muffin tin with your cutest muffin liners and evenly coat with grease spray.
- Whisk together the sugar, whole wheat flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Pour oil into a clean bowl and add egg and milk. Stir until mixed. Add to flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Add blueberries and fold in gently. Evenly pour into muffin cups.
- In another bowl, combine softened butter, sugar, flour, and cinnamon for the topping. Mix until it’s crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumble on top of the muffin batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Bake in the oven until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
These muffins are warm and yummy and the best way to show the wonderful women in your life how much you love them from their first meal of the day!
About Draven Jackson
Draven is an avid writer and reader who enjoys sharing her opinions on movies, books, and music with the rest of the world. She will soon be working as a teacher in Japan and hopes to use her experience to connect with other teachers and students around the globe. Draven spends most of her time at home with her family, her dogs, and her ferret.
To see more, view all posts by Draven Jackson here.