Blogger | Teacher
Looking for a healthy snack to get your kids to eat their greens or to bring to a St. Patty’s Day party? These kale chips are the perfect recipe for you! Not only will your kids love the flavor, but you can also feel satisfied knowing that you’ve created a healthy alternative to their favorite salty treat.
Kale Chips Ingredients
• 1 bunch of kale
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp salt
• Herbs and seasoning of your choice
Kale Chips Cooking Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. To prepare kale, cut the kale leaves off the stems in small, bite-size pieces.
3. Wash your kale leaves and pat dry – make sure to get as much moisture off as possible to make sure chips can become crispy when baked!
4. Drizzle with olive oil* and sprinkle with salt and any other seasonings you want to add for some extra flavor.
*Tip: For a twist, use flavored olive oil to add a little extra twist to your kale chips! I like to use rosemary or oregano olive oil, but you can use any flavor that sounds yummy to you.
5. Bake until the edges of the kale are brown, but not burnt. This is about 10-15 minutes.
A big problem with veggie chips of any kind is storage – if you don’t store them just right, they can lose their crispiness and become chewy. Here are some tips for storing your chips to help keep their crunchy goodness intact!
• First, make sure your kale chips cool completely before storing. This can be a large factor in whether your chips stay crispy.
• Kale chips are best when eaten in the first 2-3 days, so make sure to pack them in an airtight storage container and store them at room temperature to keep them as crunchy as possible for those few days.
• Store-bought kale chips usually include raw rice or silica packets in their packaging to keep the moisture away, so you can add a few grains of rice to your airtight container to help keep your kale chips crispy.
These kale chips were a big hit with my family and friends, so they’re a perfect snack for any gathering, or just to make for a day at home. I hope you find them to be a healthy, tasty treat that everyone in your family can enjoy!
About Draven Jackson
Draven is an avid writer and reader who enjoys sharing her opinions on movies, books, and music with the rest of the world. She will soon be working as a teacher in Japan and hopes to use her experience to connect with other teachers and students around the globe. Draven spends most of her time at home with her family, her dogs, and her ferret.
To see more, view all posts by Draven Jackson here.