Blogger | Teacher
One of my favorite parts about Autumn is the return of football season. And while I’m not personally a huge fan of the sport, football season is the best time for food lovers like me. Nothing beats watching the game with your family and friends while you fill your belly with delicious snacks, dips, and meaty goodies.
And one of my favorite football foods of all? Mac and Cheesy Taco Bake! This dish will be a hit with all the men, women, and children that come over to your home to enjoy the game. It’s incredibly yummy, and by the end, everyone will be wanting to steal your recipe for the next time they host on game day!
Taco Bake Ingredients
• 1 pack of Shells and Cheese
• 1 pound of ground beef
• 1 pack of taco seasoning
• ¾ cup of water
• ¾ cup of sour cream
• ¾ cup of cheddar cheese
• ¾ cup of salsa
• ½ cup crushed tortilla chips
Taco Bake Cooking Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Cook the package of shells and cheese according to the instructions on the box.
3. Brown the pound of ground beef in the skillet and pour out excess grease.
*Tip: You don’t want to pour grease down the sink drain. Take a coffee mug and stuff it with paper towels, then pour the grease into the cup. The paper towels will soak up the excess grease and you can throw them away.
4. Add taco seasoning and water to the meat and simmer on low for 5 minutes.
5. Add sour cream to shells and cheese mixture.
6. Add half the shells and cheese mixture to an 8×8 baking dish. Top with meat and half the cheddar cheese. Top with remaining shells and cheese and cheddar cheese. Cover the top with tin foil.
7. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and top with salsa and tortilla chips.
8. Bake uncovered for 5 more minutes.
This Mac and Cheesy Taco Bake was a big hit with my family and friends at our recent game day watch party, so it’s a perfect meal for any gathering or just to make for a day at home. I hope you find this taco bake to be a yummy, tasty treat that your family and friends can all enjoy!
About Draven Jackson
Draven is an avid writer and reader who enjoys sharing her opinions on movies, books, and music with the rest of the world. She will soon be working as a teacher in Japan and hopes to use her experience to connect with other teachers and students around the globe. Draven spends most of her time at home with her family, her dogs, and her ferret.
To see more, view all posts by Draven Jackson here.