Blogger | Teacher
Living in Japan, my sweet tooth and I have been absolutely spoiled with plenty of delicious snacks, pastries and treats. However, one huge set back that I’ve experienced is not having an oven to bake with!
I love baking – especially cookies – and miss the fun bonding of cooking yummy treats with my family. To help heal my cravings for freshly baked goods, here is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe for when you just need a little sugar, love, and homemade goodies!
Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of butter (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 ½ – 2 cups of chocolate chips
Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a large baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Beat together the sugar, brown sugar, and butter until it’s smooth and free of lumps.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and beat until fully incorporated. Then stir in the vanilla*
*Note: sometimes if I’m feeling a little adventurous, I like to add a teaspoon of almond extract to my cookies. It doesn’t change the flavor too much – it mainly just makes my kitchen smell delicious!
- Add the baking powder, salt, and flour. With the flour, make sure to pour it in using small amounts at a time and mix well. You want the dry ingredients to be fully incorporated into your mixture until the batter is smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips (don’t be afraid to go a little wild with the amount of chocolate chips you add – they are the best part of chocolate chip cookies!)
- Drop in large, even spoonfuls onto your baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are a nice golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
I hope you and your family have a great time baking these yummy chocolate chip cookies! If you have any other yummy cookie recipes, tell us in the comments!
Or, if you know of any great ways to bake without an oven – and are looking to help a sweets lover living in Japan – make sure to share below!
About Draven Jackson
Draven is an avid writer and reader who enjoys sharing her opinions on movies, books, and music with the rest of the world. She will soon be working as a teacher in Japan and hopes to use her experience to connect with other teachers and students around the globe. Draven spends most of her time at home with her family, her dogs, and her ferret.
To see more, view all posts by Draven Jackson here.
This sounds so good and easy!!
This looks like a good standard recipe. A bit more sugar than the Tollhouse original though.
Those look delish!!
I am going to try this recipe. I have been baking from scratch chocolate cookies but they never come out right. It seems like either the tops of them are undercooked or the bottoms are burned. I usually bake them at 375. I am going to start baking them at 350 instead!