Father-Daughter dance songs are one of the most meaningful parts of any wedding. So, of course, you want to choose a song that will capture the essence of your relationship with your father (or father-figure). There are so many beautiful songs out there that can be used for this momentous moment, so how do you choose?
The love between a father and daughter is so powerful and your wedding is a special day in your life. Your father is giving away his beautiful daughter to another man. Of course, you want to select a song that embodies your relationship with your father or father figure. As not every bride still has her father in her life, this could include your brother, cousin, uncle or best male friend. As well, you will want to choose a song that shows the symbolism of their role in your life on this special day.
If you are looking for suggestions for weddings father-daughter dance songs you have come to the right place. We have compiled a list of some of the most popular and beautiful songs for father-daughter wedding dances to give you inspiration. So gear up your iTunes, iPad or Spotify playlists, grab a box of tissues and start listening. We are certain that you will find the perfect father-daughter dance songs for your wedding! Here are 50 of the most inspirational father daughter dance songs by genre:
Tender Songs For The Father-Daughter Wedding Dance
Are you looking for tender yet modern father-daughter dance songs or a more traditional ballad? We have gathered a list of some of the most moving and meaningful tender father-daughter wedding dance songs for your perusal. These songs have a will bring a tear to everyone’s eye to help capture that special magical moment!
1. The Way You Look Tonight: Frank Sinatra
2. What A Wonderful World: Louis Armstrong
3. My Girl: The Temptations
4. Over The Rainbow: Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
5. Make You Feel My Love: Adele
6. Because You Loved Me: Celine Dion
7. Wind Beneath My Wings: Bette Midler
8. Can I Have This Dance: Anne Murray
9. Daughters: John Mayer
10. You Raise Me Up: Josh Groban
11. Hero: Mariah Carey
12. My Father’s Eyes: Eric Clapton
13. Daddy’s Little Girl: Michael Buble
14. Isn’t She Lovely: Stevie Wonder
15. You Are So Beautiful: Joe Cocker
16. Lullaby (Goodnight My Angel): Billy Joel
17. I Wish You Love (Dean Martin)
18. Through The Years: Kenny Rogers
19. Cinderella: Steven Curtis Chapman
20. Turn Around (My Little One): Harry Belafonte
Funny Dance Songs
If you don’t want to choose a sappy or traditional song, you can always pick fun father-daughter dance songs. Check out some of the most popular choices for fun father-daughter wedding dance songs below. You don’t have to choose the traditional emotional songs if you want to lighten the moment with a more humorous tune!
1. Don’t Worry, Be Happy: Bobby McFerrin
2. When I’m Sixty-Four: The Beatles
3. Dance Like My Daddy: Meghan Trainor
4. Born To Be Wild: Steppenwolf
5. Let’s Dance: David Bowie
6. Ain’t Nobody Here But Us Chickens: Louis Jordan & His Tympani Five
7. Time Warp: Rocky Horror Picture Show
8. Little Shop of Horrors: Little Shop of Horrors
9. Thriller: Michael Jackson
10. You Are My Sunshine: Johnny Cash
Beautiful Country Ballads Songs For The Father-Daughter Wedding Dance
If you are more into country music no worries: Here is some father-daughter dance songs country that is perfect! These songs have a lot of meaning without sounding too hokey or sappy. So if you or your father are secret country music fans, you can’t go wrong with one of these popular country hits!
1. I Hope You Dance: LeAnne Womack
2. I Loved Her First: Heartland
3. My Wish: Rascal Flatts
4. When You Say Nothing At All: Alison Krauss
5. My Little Girl: Tim McGraw
6. Butterfly Kisses: Bob Carlisle
7. Let Them Be Little: Lonestar
8. Lullaby: Dixie Chicks
9. God Gave Me You: Blake Shelton
10. Keeper Of The Stars: Tracy Byrd
Non-Traditional Wedding Dance Songs For The Father-Daughter Wedding Dance
If you want non-traditional father-daughter dance songs that don’t humour but have more of a modern edge, check out some of these hit songs. They are meaningful, but not overly sappy.
1. You’re My Best Friend: Queen
2. Sweet Child O Mine: Guns ‘n Roses
3. 100 Years: Five For Fighting
4. Brown-Eyed Girl: Van Morrison
5. Dancing Queen: Abba
6. My Hero: Foo Fighters
7. My Darling: Wilco
8. Daddy: Beyonce
9. Across the Universe: Jim Sturgess
10. Heart of Gold: Neil Young
We hope our list of Father Daughter Dance Songs has given you some inspiration for your own wedding! Remember, that this is your special day and you want to celebrate this special moment with the other most important man in your life. Therefore it is important that you chose a song that is meaningful to you and your father/father figure! The father-daughter dance is a very important moment for your wedding reception so make sure the costume the magic of the moment for prosperity! Here are some more father-daughter dance song ideas.
About Olga Reznikova
Olga Reznikova is a writer at WeddingForward.com. Wedding Forward is a source of inspiration for modern & beautiful brides. From photos of real weddings, wedding shop, local vendors, fashion ideas, DIY tips and everything else to do with wedding planning.