Blogger | Teacher
For anyone looking for the best dessert to bring to the tailgate, neighborhood potluck, or Thanksgiving party, this is the perfect recipe for you!
Buttermilk pie is an age-old classic that is a favorite among dessert lovers of all ages, so this recipe will definitely be a hit at any gathering. Plus, while this is a recipe I learned from my grandmother, you can always pretend that it was passed down for generations in your family and no one will ever know the difference!
Buttermilk Pie Ingredients
• 1 cup of sugar
• 2 ½ tablespoons plain flour
• 4 eggs
• 1 cup of buttermilk
• 3 tablespoons of melted butter
• 1 teaspoon lemon zest
• 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 1 unbaked pie crust
Buttermilk Pie Cooking Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat the sugar and flour in a large bowl until thoroughly mixed.
3. Add the eggs one at a time until well blended. Whip in buttermilk, melted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla.
4. Pour mixture into unbaked pie crust.
5. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until the center barely moves when you touch the pie dish (no wiggling or shaking).
6. Serve with whipped cream or fresh berries for a garnish.
I hope you and the other dessert lovers at your dinner party love this Buttermilk Pie recipe as much as my family and I have! Good luck at your next tailgate or potluck and have a happy autumn!
About Draven Jackson
Draven is an avid writer and reader who enjoys sharing her opinions on movies, books, and music with the rest of the world. She will soon be working as a teacher in Japan and hopes to use her experience to connect with other teachers and students around the globe. Draven spends most of her time at home with her family, her dogs, and her ferret.
To see more, view all posts by Draven Jackson here.